Wednesday, April 25, 2012

So, speaking of vice presidential choices....

Sorry, I have not posted in a long, long while, but since I am not paid to do this, you get what you pay for.

As I said long ago, Mitt Romney is going to be the Republican nominee, and there was little doubt about. So now the big question is, who will he pick for a running mate?

The obvious choice are out there. Senators Marco Rubio, Pat Toomey, Governors Chris Christie, Bob McDonnell, Mich Daniels, Rob Portman and Nikki Haley, of South Carolina, Congressman Paul Ryan, along with a host of others who would love to get the call to debate Joe Biden. I am not sure if Mitt Romney will go outside the box to pick a nominee, but I doubt it. Every fiber in Mitt's body says he will pick a safe, well thought out, and fully vetted choice with no surprises. Crazy things could happen, but Mitt Romney's idea of crazy may be putting mustard on his tater tots. My money is on one of the eight candidates I mentioned above.

Does he go for a battleground state connection, like Rubio, Portman, McDonnell, or pure talent like Christie or Ryan, or does he go after the women's vote and pick Haley? Smarter minds (I hope) are working the numbers on this, but I trust the final decision will be Romney's.

None of these would be a bad choice. Any one of them would wipe the floor with Slow Joe Biden, but in the end, the vice president can only give a little boost to the top of the ticket. A bad pick can lose you an election, and a good pick can get you over the top, but you have to be close. Like all things this election; time will tell.




No comments: