Wednesday, March 07, 2007

"who was drunk,"

That needs a bit more context, but I love that line in a news story. Here is my latest favorite example.

First, the headline-
Man Burns Genitals in 'Jackass' Stunt

Then the description of the event-
Jared W. Anderson, 20, suffered serious burns to his hands and genitals, according to the criminal complaint. Randell D. Peterson, 43, who sprayed lighter fluid on Anderson and lit him on fire, was charged with felony battery and first-degree reckless endangerment Tuesday in Eau Claire County Court.

Then the money quote-
Witnesses told police that Anderson, who was drunk, volunteered to do the stunt Sunday after watching the movie, the complaint said.

I have been 'who was drunk' in the past, it's not something I recommend to anyone. I am now 'who stayed sober and recorded the event'. I don't have a hangover in the mornings and I can usually keep my friends from spraying lighter fluid on each others genitalia, usually.

No comments: