Monday, March 05, 2007

Ron, please retire.

At one time I was a huge Kings fan, now I follow the Sacramento Kings from a distance. When I lived and worked in Sacramento I shared a pair of season tickets with a co worker and we each took 20 games with two seats. I was great. My son and I were on hand to watch game 7 of the Western Conference Finals in 2002. We walked down the steps at ARCO Arena in stunned silence when the hated Lakers crushed every Kings fan's heart. I have never been the same.

Sure, I still watch the games on the Comcast Sports, but I can't stand Grant Napier. He's an east coast loudmouth with a bad temper who speaks the Maloof company line when he should be calling players out. He is too close to the team, he travels with them and can't seem to separate his friendship from his job as a sports reporter. I don't care if you think Brad Miller is a great guy, he is soft, he's a 7 foot cupcake. No amount of passing skills or average jump shooting is going to make up for the fact that he can't jump higher than a beer can, on its side. But enough about Grant and Brad. ( I'll take a case of Hams Beer and a bag of Salsa Verde Doritos for both of them, and I don't even drink beer.)

What to do Ron Artest? Or Ron Re-arrest or whatever fun little name we have for him now. When Artest played for the Pacers I thought he was a immature thug. Now that he plays for the Kings, I still think he's an immature thug. Albeit one who has been on his best behavior for half a year. It is very hard for a person with Artests anger problems to change, but he needs professional help. Artest seems to be a very big, very rich 7th grader. He has not learned how to deal with life yet, I hope for his sake he takes a year or two off to get his life together. Ron always acts contrite and always says he has learned his lesson afterwards, but he just can't seem to stop himself when he snaps. He cannot continue down his current path, that path leads to a tragic death, Ron's or someone else's.

Please Ron, retire. Get some help

No comments: