Sunday, April 16, 2006

A week of sunshine?

This morning I woke up round 5:30 and contemplated getting up to hide the colored Easter eggs for my daughter, but it was cold, so I stayed in bed and waited for my wife to get up to hide the eggs. Its not that I am lazy, well that may have played a part in it, but the main reason is I did not want to get caught by my daughter and ruin the idea of the Easter Bunny for her. I can only imagine the years of therapy my daughter would need if she caught me in my sweat pants and fuzzy slippers hiding eggs.

I put on the coffee and watched the news for a while. The man on the TV said that we were in for a week of sunshine. After six weeks of almost steady rain, a week of sunshine and 70 degrees is almost too good to be true. I may even get the Jeep out this week and blow the cobwebs off it. It may be a little cold in the morning for open air driving, but nothing beats the warmth of the sun on your face and the wind blowing through your hair. My wife would add that I won't have that problem much longer. I usually take her little digs about my thinning hair with a chuckle, it makes her feel better about having to get up and hide eggs while I sleep.

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter.

No comments: