Friday, March 31, 2006

Mexican flags and Communist thugs celebrated in Woodland


My son and were driving home from Woodland today around 1 pm when a Woodland Joint Unified School District bus went by. Hanging halfway outside the bus were about ten students waving several Mexican flags and a 3 foot by 5 foot bright red banner with Che Guevara on it. How wonderful.

I followed the bus for a little while and it seemed to be cruising in a circle around Woodland. I wish I had written the bus number down to see if I could get an explanation from the WJUSC on why the district would allow a tax payer bus and union driver to cruise around town to support a foreign government and a dead Cuban Communist.

I saw close to 100 students in small groups today marching I guess in support of Ceasar Chavez, or in opposition to proposed legislation to curb illegal immigration. Most carried Mexican flags, I never once saw an American flag. It made me a little angry at the ingratitude shown by the students. I wonder how many would like to go back and live in the old country to see what life is like in the country whose flag they carry? Not many I would guess.

What Che has to do with it I don't know, they probably saw his picture hanging adoringly in one of their social studies classes.

2 comments:

Ralph said...

Your education dollars at work.

auroranorth said...

i have been thinking about che a lot latley i think i should take the commie flag with his mug and drop out his face and put in hilary clintons face with the lettering she guevara
lsuflag.com