Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I am buying a Toyota Matrix this weekend.

I have been waiting to replace my 1998 Chevy 4x4 truck for some time. It has 137,000 miles on the odometer, but it runs good. I've been wanting a new Dodge four door 4x4 with a Cummins Diesel engine. I have driven all three 2006 full size trucks and decided on the Dodge.

Until now.
With diesel prices just shy of 3.50 a gallon and poised to go higher, I have decided to keep my truck and purchase a Toyota Matrix. The Matrix is based on the Corolla frame, my wife drives an 03' corolla and loves it. The Corolla gets 38 mph highway and the Matrix gets 36 mph. My Chevy truck achieves a whopping 12 mph. I drive approximately 300 miles per week. It looks like gasoline will be 3 to 4 dollars a gallon for a while. Buy ing the Matrix will save about 150-200 dollars a month in fuel costs.

I just hope they get the refining capacity back on line soon.

1 comment:

pappy said...

May be time to saddel up the ole horse. Ifill up my toyota truck everytime its at half, I make belive its empty so I feel better